Served with Nederburg Heritage Heroes The Anchorman Chenin Blanc.
Chef: Pete Goffe-Wood
- 300g chicken livers
- 150g chorizo, sliced
- 1 tin butterbeans, drained
- 3 tomatoes, blanched, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (reserve a pinch for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread
- Heat a little oil in a hot sauté pan and add the chorizo slices. When the chorizo begins to take on some colour, add the chicken livers followed by the roughly chopped tomato. As the tomato begins to disintegrate, add the butterbeans, garlic, chopped parsley, butter and lemon juice. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and garnish with the rest of the chopped parsley. Serve with crusty bread.