Q&A WITH MASTERCHEF SOUTH AFRICA’S WINNER, ROXI
1. When did you realise that food was your passion?
Food has always been in my blood and loved cooking and baking from a very young age, I think only after school I realized I had a real passion for food.
2. Which famous chef inspires you?
Jamie Oliver, Eric lanlard and Marco Pierre White.
3. Who inspired you to follow your culinary dreams?
My parents definitely inspire me!
4. Which delicious dish do you think is worth the time to prepare?
Making lasagna from scratch including the pasta is time consuming yet totally worth it in the end.
5. Who are the people you like to share your love of food with?
My friends and family.
6. What is your favourite food memory?
Sitting on the counter top, helping my avò (my gran) make Portuguese cake and then licking out the bowl!
7. What is the best cooking advice anyone has given you?
Cook with your heart and never doubt your instinct!